Picture:(l-r) Gabrielle Warrington, Simly Roberson, and DeShila Kennerson enjoy (or maybe not) the taste of a pickle at the Pre-K's tasting party.
Mrs. Severn’s 4th grade Science class has been learning to follow a sequence this week. Each day we followed or prepared a sequence. We looked at recipes, wrote recipes, and built objects according to a specific sequence. We learned that it is very important to include all of the steps in a sequence. On Friday, to end our study of sequences, the students made slime. They had to follow a sequence in order for the recipe to work. “This is awesome!” , the students proclaimed.
- Mrs. Work's history classes celebrated "Celebrate Freedom Week" this week. They did projects and learned about the history of our country gaining freedom, the Constitution, and what the government in our country is today.
- Slocum had their first 4-H meeting on Monday, talking about the upcoming year and the animal shows coming up.
- Pre-K has been learning about their 5 senses this week. They had a "tasting party" this Friday. What a blast!
- The Slocum junior high girls and boys basketball teams played at New Summerfield on Tuesday.
- The Slocum cross country teams have their next meet this Saturday in Palestine.
- Next week Slocum is having "See You At The Pole" on Wednesday morning. They are going to meet at 7 AM at the school flagpole for a time of worship, fellowship, and prayer. All are welcome to come!
- All of the High School English Textbooks are currently online. Any student may access their book, worksheets, and numerous other resources available to them using their computers from home.